Description & Properties of Celazole PBI
Celazole PBI provides the gold standard in thermal mechanical properties characterized by its 427° glass transition temperature and general good chemical resistance. This material does well in extreme environments. This is the highest performance thermoplastic available today.
- 100% tensile strength after being submerged in hydraulic fluid at 200° F for 30 days
- Designed parts use less material – compression strength is 300% higher than polymide
- The only tested thermoplastic material to survive and not break under loads of 2,500 – 4,000 psi at speeds of 50 ft/min
- Great wear resistance
- Highest mechanical property over 400° F of any unfilled plastic
- Excellent thermal insulator
Common Plastic Parts/ Usage Made From Celazole PBI
Description & Properties of CELAZOLE T-SERIES (PEEK-PBI)
CELAZOLE T-SERIES (PEEK-PBI) is a high performance material with no fillers. It is widely used for complex machined parts as it takes well to complex shapes and geometries. PEEK-PBI makes ideal plastic connectors.
If you are designing parts that will be in a high temperature environment, then PEEK may be ideal for your application. The Celazole T-Series PEEK-PBI also is inherently lubricious.
- Thrust washers
- Other custom parts